Thursday, September 9, 2010

The saddest goodbye



I never thought there would come a day when I actually have to have a conversation with a friend about ending our friendship. Most friendships that do not work go on to die a natural death, slowly and obliquely. But this friendship, although it has been rocky for years now, have still managed to cling on to a sliver of hope that things could come back to the way it was. Sadly, that was not the case, and instead of hanging on and working so hard at what used to come naturally, it is time end that chapter of my life.


Ending this friendship is far more devastating than any other breakup I have gone through because this carries YEARS of milestones. We were part of each others' lives and shared in the inevitable highs and lows. We went through a lot of 'firsts' together and it has been a great journey. 


That is life, so they say. People come into your life and people go. I take comfort in knowing that she has a very special place in my life, one that is unlikely to be ever replaced by anyone. Not in this lifetime, because our friendship was one in a million. 



No comments:

Post a Comment